Sunday 9 November 2014

Chu! Chu!

It is a Sunday and I finally had time to whip up some Churros for the little sister.

What more could you ask for on a Sunday afternoon? Some hot, deep fried dough with a chocolate sauce. That is just yummy. Looking through cooking blogs, I am envious of how beautiful they came out. Mine is like my fingers. Short and stumpy or 'Montok' as what my better half would say.

I should have just made these!

There is just something about these long, twisty churros...
I had trouble with piping my Churros. The piping bag burst, the dough was not smooth enough and my 2nd batch of Churros brunt. All the trouble you could foresee making this simple dish just happened to me. What luck! The recipe I used calls for Churros that are a bit dense for my liking. No matter how ugly my churros are, I am still proud of them. I may not be as good as my mom (no matter how good other bakers are, mummy's still the best), I will try to be half as good. Of course to cover the browned Churros, I practically did an 'avalanche' of the mixture of icing sugar and ground cinnamon.



No comments:

Post a Comment