Thursday 6 November 2014

Manolo Blahniks would have to wait

Reaching my mid-twenties in 2 years and looking back, I am ashamed to say that I am nowhere near achieving a goal I’ve set myself at 19; To be financially organized.

Confessions time. I am one hell of a shopper. I shop so much when I first started working (back in 2011) that I am literally living pay check to pay check. Terrible isn’t it? Well, it does not help that I was working for one of the two top beauty companies in the world. I can safely say that it fuelled and sustained my obsession with beauty products. Material things became my ‘savings plan’. I save to buy what I wanted. I would not ask for it for birthdays or presents. I rather experience the ‘hard work’ of saving up to get my First Kate Spade Bag (It has friends now; Kate Spade 2, Kate Spade 3, Kate Spade 4, Coach 1, Kate Spade 5. Obviously I love a particular brand of bags) than getting it all for free.

This is the ultimate. Taken from Purseblog
Bags are not the only luxuries I splurged on. I splurged on beauty products and I am still splurging (WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND SPENT $300+ AT SEPHORA IN ONE RECEIPT FOR 3 ITEMS?! Me).I am terrible. Absolutely terrible. The cute gold, sparkly, gold, abstract-ty, gold packaging of these products just makes me go weak. I am like, take my money, just take it! (I am talking to you YSL and Urban Decay)

It is not that I have no self-control (ok I admit. I don’t) or that I do not budget myself each month. I do but I am lousy at making realistic budgets. Looking back at all my scribbling of attempted budgets, I realized that I set a tight budget that I tend to look for ways out of the budget I set. It is funny that I am running away from the budget I set. I see it like a watermelon being held captive with a ton of rubberbands in the middle. You know it will burst anytime soon. It sure did; EVERY FREAKING MONTH.



Go and watch!
I tried to google articles on this but boy is it hard to concentrate. Most of the articles are pages long (to me scrolling down thrice is too long) and wordy. Call me a kid but I love to see pictures and an article should have soul. Most articles that is on this subject matter are set in a matter-of-factly tone that has no hints of friendliness. I came across one that I truly love. It is absolutely short and straight to the point. She gave % to allocate your budget. She is a life saver! Thank you EMILY!


Go and have a read for those who are like me. I am sure her suggestions are easy to follow and sustained. I have been trying stick to the percentages and I am happy to report that I managed to stick to it for 2 months now! Let us see if this manages to last till end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment